Why Does Concrete Need Repairs?
Deteriorating concrete structures can pose risks. Apart from compromising the structural integrity of the building, it can lead to waste and disposal problems, higher replacement costs, and create a safety hazard for workers. Some of the reasons why concrete requires repair include the following:
- Rebar corrosion. Some concrete structures use reinforcing bar supports for better concrete protection. Exposure to excess carbon chlorides or dioxide can cause the rebar to corrode. This will cause the concrete surrounding it to crumble as well.
- Alkali-Silica reactions. Concrete contains chemical reactions because of the chemical properties of some aggregates. The alkaline cement reacts with water and forms a gel which can cause pressure and lead concrete to crack.
- Freeze-thaw deterioration. Concrete that lacks air-entraining admixtures can break down and cause problems. The concrete then becomes saturated with water, making the concrete expand and crack when it freezes.
Repairing your damaged concrete is possible. K&E Flatwork offers concrete repair services in Kansas City. We repair and replace a range of concrete structures and protect them from the damage caused by corrosive elements. By working closely with our clients during the process of diagnosis, repair, and replacement, we come up with a solution that guarantees long-term durability.
Some of the concrete repair & replacement services we offer include:
- Concrete leveling and stabilization – Lift your sunken concrete slabs back into a level position. We inject polyurethane resins into voids and water pathways to strengthen the substrate and create a water-tight encapsulation.
- Concrete grinding – Smoothen out concrete imperfections and avoid tripping hazards with our concrete floor repair services. We’ll upgrade your floors for a high-gloss finish with ultra-flat standards.
- Sidewalk repairs – Count on us to level out uneven sidewalk slabs. We can do it without the cost of a full replacement.
- Foundation repairs – Foundation cracks can result due to serious structural problems. At K&E Flatwork, we can permanently repair foundation cracks on your property without any disruptive excavations.
- Spall repairs – Spall in concrete structures happens due to damage from external forces. After an inspection of the extent of damages, we can determine the appropriate repair materials needed and conduct the necessary spall repair work.
From building and parking structures to extending the service life of industrial facilities, we’ve got the concrete solution just for you. Call our concrete specialists today for a solution to your project requirements.
From building and parking structures to extending the service life of industrial facilities, we’ve got the concrete solution just for you.
Call our concrete specialists today for a solution to your project requirements.
Why Choose K&E Flatwork for Concrete Repairs?
At K&E Flatwork, we strive to provide innovative, superior, top-quality services to our clients. Our goal is to strengthen our communities by giving opportunities to people, while providing safe concrete repair and replacement services that our clients will appreciate for decades. Our staff is comprised of Kansas City residents, which means that every project is done by people who care.
Through our constant optimization of our business and product delivery processes, K&E Flatwork Is able to deliver high-quality work within our client’s schedules and we’ve been doing so for over a decade.